Last night, we went and saw the Blind Side. I had been told that others had cried. I had been told that it had changed others lives. But I had no idea how it would affect me. The tears I would shed. The way my life would be forever changed.
Many of the reasons that this movie affected me so greatly is because of the things that the Lord has been doing in our area, in our church and in the hearts of those around me. I have seen things in the past few months that have changed my path forever. Because of this, there were parts of this movie that were truly raw and deep down real to me. I saw other faces feeling the emotions that this boy felt. And I wept for them. I wept for every child, in Malakoff, in our area, in Texas, and in the world who feels that pain. The child who does not know love, safety or family.
After the movie ended, I needed a few moments to process/collect myself/stop sobbing....so I sat in the quiet of the theater and listened to the song that played at the end of the movie. It was "Chances" by Five for Fighting. It was beautiful moment of silence and refelction.
I am so excited to see where this new path that the Lord has us on will lead. Parts of it seem scary, but knowing that He is up to big things everywhere I look is something I do not have the words to describe.
I want to leave you with this from here:
Save us from these comforts.
Break us of our need for the familiar
Spare us any joy that’s not of You
And we will worship You
I warned you!:) God is doing great things..."You're the God of this City" is turly fitting for Malakoff right now. Have a great trip! Thanks again for all of the hard work on the Christmas Store...I guess we should start getting ready in August next year!)
ReplyDelete