My heart was so proud, so full of joy and so excited for my kids last night--I think it could have literally exploded!
Let me explain!
Last week, our music minister and I go the brave idea to take all of the kids caroling with the adult choir. I sent home permission slips, and he signed up drivers. I even had to go up to the school this week to drop off more permission slips because kids were so excited!
Yall, tonight kids got to go caroling that have never had that chance. That had never gotten to see that joy in someone else's face when you sing to them. The joy that it brought me was indescribable. Seeing their eyes lit up when they got to yell "Merry Christmas!" They were so excited to be serving! I am so proud of them for having such servant's hearts so young.
And then just to see their excitement, to sing, to see lights, to go on an adventure that truthfully, some of their little lives had never experienced...I praise the Lord that our church was willing to step up and drive kids that they did not know and had never met...they will never know what it meant to those kiddos.
We are so blessed to serve in such a mission minded church that desire's to not only teach children about Christ's love, but to show it in actions each and every day!

(Before I get to thank you...thanks for the post on my blog)
ReplyDeleteI just want you to know how proud I am of you (and the church) for so much more than this caroling tour.
BUT...this caroling tour was AWESOME. From calls and reports of those who participated and those that received...each believed they received the gift - what a blessng!
I love that you and Eric just stepped out, tried something new...keep stepping little sister - you're doing great things for kids, for people, for this community and for His Kingdom. When you get tired...remember their faces, it's all you'll need to keep going.