Pages

12/06/2009

Thankful in December

I haven't had a chance to post about our Thanksgiving, so I wanted to take a moment, here in the middle of December, to recap and reflect!

We were able to spend time with all of our families this year-which can be kind of hard to do with 3 families! My grandmother was in the hospital for most of Thanksgiving week, so I was glad to be able to spend some good time seeing her.  We are so blessed to have families who love us so much, and who welcome their homes to us as we hop back and forth trying to spend time with each of them! We got to spend time playing games and catching up with my mom's family. My dad had 6 lab pups who needed homes, so we spent black Friday selling those! It was cold, but a great time to sit and talk in the midst of the rush of everyone's shopping.  And finally, we enjoyed lots of laughing and eating with Mark's family!

This year, and specifically this holiday season, has been one of much reflection and change in attitude for me. Through our new bus ministry at church, I have been able to learn so much about how the Lord has blessed me.  Gifts, lavish meals and new things seem so different to me than they once did.  The simplicity of family, laughter, and the love of our heavenly Father hold so much more meaning now.

No comments:

Post a Comment