Pages

5/08/2009

The One With Snowcones

So a while back I posted this. I will admit, that was not one of my better days. Fortunately, we have those days, and we get over them! I did not title that post for some reason. Looking back now, I should have titled it "The One Without Snowcones."

Today, I would like to welcome you to "The One With Snowcones" and all of the amazing glory that comes with those words.

A few weeks ago, I decided to take yesterday off. My roommate has Thursdays off, so it was a perfect chance to head up to my old home sweet home and hang out. (Yes, I did say roommate. No, we do not live together anymore. Yes, we will still probably call each other that when we are 90) Fortunately, our dogs are also roommates, so I packed up the pup and we headed out.

We headed out to lunch at Olive Garden while the pups reacquainted themselves. She then needed to make a stop at one of my most frequented locations in Denton:

UNT-Home of the mighty screaming eagles.
(Man...even the smells were so familiar!)

Next, we headed off to my FAVORITE place! The snowconeplace. To be specific, the we put gummi bears in our snowcones place. Mmm.
I am sure you can't see it, but there is a "closed" sign in the window. I could have cried. Seriously? Seriously!

So off we went to the second best option-Bahama Bucks. No gummi bears. But still delicious!
So, with our traditional snow cones and dogs in tow, it was off to Wiggley Field!

Lots of furry friends. And dogs with odd social habits!


They even have a cute water fountain for the pups!

The rest of our day was consumed with many other fabulous adventures--AKA Target, Old Navy, Marshalls, Sprouts (an amazing new health food store) and some Raising Canes!

It was def. a much needed day and we had a ton of fun!

2 comments:

  1. by looking at your pictures you wouldn't be able to tell that i was even there. you can tell my dog was, but not me. it's okay i'm not bitter or anything...sigh.

    love love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know! i thought about that while i was posting! we never took a picture!

    ReplyDelete