Pages

12/13/2014

Cheers to 30 Years!

Last summer, I had started planning a surprise birthday party for Mark's 30th birthday in October.  I really wanted to give him a night full of the people and things he loved, and just to show him how much I love and appreciate him!

Planning a surprise party for Mark was FAR from easy! Thankfully, with the help of sneaky friends, we pulled it off! He had NO clue, and had a great night :) My mom and Arthur was incredibly gracious to offer up their new house, where they had only lived for 2 weeks (!!).

The theme for the party was "Cheers to 30 Years!".  We put up pictures from his life as part of the decor!


To get him to the party, we told him that my mom and stepdad were going to watch the kiddos while we had a double date with friends who were in town.  The guys went golfing while the girls "swam" at my moms, and then the boys met us there.




I knew I would be able to tell if he was surprised once he arrived, and I would say he was based on these pictures!






Ashlynn was SO excited to celebrate her daddy!





And then she took a big spill...poor graceful girl :)


I am so thankful to everyone who was able to make it out!







We set up a photo booth in my mom's game room, and it was a hit! Those pictures will be a separate post!


When it came time for cake, we had multiple celebrations! Ashlynn had been wanting to give my brother and Stacie "baseball" cakes for their birthdays, and the day of the party was Jeff's actual birthday, so we sang Happy Birthday to all 4 of them!







We spent the evening enjoying delicious food, drinks and relaxing with friends!








Golfing and a new job had tired Mark out, but he was a trooper despite his exhaustion!


And Miss Bailey was sad to see the party end :)


No comments:

Post a Comment