Pages

4/24/2013

Baby B:38 Weeks


This post was written before Miss Bailey made her arrival! I figured that since I officially made it to 38 weeks, I would go ahead and post it for my memories!

I have been having a lot of contractions, but nothing that is effective. As of Monday, I was still 1.5 cm dilated and the baby was high. I had gone to L&D on Sunday because of contractions every 3-5 minutes.  The nurses felt bad sending me home because I was in such pain, but the contractions just weren't effective. I spent all day Friday eating spicy food and walking around shopping with my dad and Lianna. It was a great way to get out of the house and for Baby A to get some extra loving!


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 38 weeks
Size of baby: She should be a little over 19.5 inches long and weight 6.8 lbs (about the size of a leek). 
Weight gain: +17
Maternity Clothes: Yes
Gender: Another sweet girl!
Movement: Movements are much slower, but also much bigger when they happen. 
Sleep: Sleep is still ok until 2-3.  After that I normally move to the couch, where I sleep some nights and don't others.
Symptoms: Exhaustion, pain (from kidney stent), contractions, very moody, nausea
What I miss: Not feeling pain 24/7
Cravings: No cravings, although I am not feeling anything too greasy
Best moment this week: Heading to L&D on Sunday night for false labor...not excited about leaving, but excited that my body is getting ready!
What I am looking forward to: The arrival of our sweet girl in the next few weeks (or days!)
Dad and Big Sister: Mark has still been such a huge help and encouragement.  Ashlynn has been such a trooper. She had fun going to the Bonkers Gym with her friend Kel this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment