Wednesday morning, I helped take a group of our kids bowling. I noticed I had a contraction or two before we left. I decided to time them just in case. Well, the entire hour and a half that we were there, I had contractions. Every ten minutes. No bueno. When we got back to school, I called Dr. E and they sent me to triage.
I was at triage until about 6 Wed. night. They were picking up my contractions, which hadn't happened on Sunday. Ashlynn is looking great (they monitored her the entire time). It took 2 shots of terbutaline to stop the contractions. They sent me home with a prescription for when contractions came back. My cervix was also soft, and they told me to follow up w/Dr. E on Thursday. I was so thankful Mark was able to be there...it was a little scary!
Well, when I talked to Dr. E's nurse on Thursday, she told me that I am on now on bed rest....Kind of a shock to my system, but I want to do whatever it takes to keep baby girl in for as long as possible! I have had contractions a few times in the past 2 days, but the medicine seems to be stopping them!
It is crazy to think that if she stays in until January that I won't be at work again until March! The Lord is already using this situation to show Mark and I how much we aren't in control and how much He is!
Please join us in praying that our sweet baby girl stays in for as long as the Lord wills, and that she grows healthy and strong in the meantime!
No comments:
Post a Comment