Pages

2/15/2010

Adventures in Cooking!

Last night Mark and I were wanting something sweet.  With nothing pre-made in the house, Mark suggested that we cook something ourselves! After looking through a few recipes, and finding one that we had the ingredients for, we decided on "Heavenly Shortbread". It looked easy, and delicious!


We did have to make our own powdered sugar, because we didn't have any!
















Our sugar before and after!

We managed to have only one "mis-adventure", when the mixer spun out of control--sending butter and flour all over the two of us and the kitchen!
In the end, our shortbread bars turned out good, and more importantly, we had a really great time cooking something new together!

6 comments:

  1. Ok, I so did not know that you could make your own powdered sugar...how did you do that? Sounds like y'all had lots of fun! Take time to really enjoy these sweet moments with your hubs before life gets super crazy with kiddos running around!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, how do you make powdered sugar?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just threw normal sugar into a coffee grinder and pulsed it for a minute or so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds yummy! I think we need to all "taste test" it at church tomorrow night! :) And it doesn't have chocolate so it's legal! :) Wow! I've never MADE powdered sugar before! That's neat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1) Who knew that my husband even read my blog!

    2) I have to give him the credit for the powdered sugar--he is the one who knew how to make it! I didn't know you could either...But it was just like the real stuff!

    ReplyDelete