Today, I have been married to my best friend for 31536000 seconds, or 525,600 minutes, or 365 days. Each of those seconds, minutes and days have literally flown by.
I am more in love today than I was one year ago. And more than I ever knew I could be when we went on that first date 7 years ago this week. People always said, "You will learn so much more about your husband once you get married." And in my head I laughed. There are lots of things I didn't believe about marriage until this past year. But now I know more about that amazing man than I ever have, and every day I continue to find out things, big and small, that never cease to amaze me.
Our first year of marriage has been no piece of cake. It started out with Mark's company shutting down two weeks before our wedding. Talk about a rough start. Along the road, my car decided that it was not going to cooperate, so we had repair bills, and the stress of an unreliable car. We also moved 2 hours from all of our friends, most family, and all of the comforts we knew.
Our first year of marriage was also full of some of the most special moments. We were forced to rely upon each other, instead of friends or family in so many ways this year. We grew in our relationships with the Lord in so many ways. We learned how to fight fairly. We had "married" dates, and learned to be frugal but fun. We got to make decisions together, and learned to become "grown ups" together.
And through it all, good and bad, I had my best friend by my side. I am so grateful that I have such an amazing husband. Someone who makes me laugh. Who knows how to help me stop crying, but also knows when I need to cry. He pushes me to become a better person, a stronger person, and a more Christlike woman--even when I don't want to be. Especially when I don't want to be. He supports me and encourages me in all that I do.
I am so excited to begin year number two, and every year after that. I cannot wait to see what the Lord has in store for our marriage, our future and a future family!

woohoo you made it!:) Congrats...wishing you many more years of love, laughter, and life.
ReplyDeleteHAPPY! ;P
ReplyDeleteHappy 1 year...you two lovebirds! : )
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Sorry I didn't remember this when I actually saw you today. Here's to many more. You guys are awesome, and such a blessing to our church and family!
ReplyDeletewoohoo!
ReplyDelete