We are finally over all of our sicknesses and I am so thankful! The past few weeks have been so busy for us, but the business have made me realize how blessed we are to have such amazing families!
*FYI-This post may be long...but it is my version of a scrapbook, and I have lots of Christmas memories that I want to remember!
Christmas #1
We were so blessed this year to be able to go and visit Mark's extended family in Ohio! His parents drove out ahead of us, and we flew out with his brothers on the 22nd. I had a little adventure before we flew out...I definitely had to go to Urgent Care early in the AM before we flew out, and then rush to get meds and get to the airport, but thankfully we all made it to the airport in one piece!
We had such an amazing week in Ohio! The first day we just relaxed with Mark's grandparents in Cincinnati. The next day, we drove out to his uncle's gorgeous lakehouse where we spent a few days eating, talking, and eating some more with his cousins, uncle, and grandparents! The boys tried their hands at frying some interesting foods (oreos, pickles, twinkies, etc!), my mother in law and I enjoyed a nice walk around the frozen lake, and we had lots of laughs! We then all headed into Columbus for a Christmas Eve service together. This was my first Christmas Eve without my family, so that was hard, but it was also my first Christmas Eve with Mark, and that was very special! The next few days were spent being VERY lazy at Mark's grandparent's house!
View from the lake house
I am so grateful to my mother & father in law for the opportunity to go to Ohio. Mark and I get to spend alot of time with my family, so I was glad I got to grow closer with his!
Christmas #2
We flew back from Ohio the day after Christmas! My dad had graciously kept our pup for us--so we headed over to his house to pick up the pup and to have Christmas #2. My brother & his girlfriend Alicia joined us. We had a great night just hanging out and exchanging gifts! We got to meet up with them a few nights later to celebrate my dad's birthday!
Christmas #3
The next day we returned home for church! After church we went out to lunch with all of my mom's side of the family! We then headed to my grandparents house and exchanged gifts and hung out. I headed to Arlington for the next week to hang out with them and spend some time with my cousin & her kiddos!
New Years
For New Years, Mark & I headed up to Van Alstyne to hang out with his best friends from high school! We snacked, played games and just caught up! The next day we were able to go see Avatar 3D in IMAX, which was an incredible movie!
Whew....that was a wordy post! No pictures, because I was too busy having fun to take pictures! It was such a busy Christmas season, but like I said, I feel so blessed and I am so excited to see what future Christmases hold!

sounds like y'all had a crazy, busy, FUN Chritsmas too! See you soon.
ReplyDelete