Pages

1/10/2010

That Kind of Day...

Do you ever have that kind of day....when it seems like one thing happens followed, by another, by another! Well today was that kind of day! From my car not starting, to being told our water is not working....and won't be for 2-3 DAYS (yeah, days...not hours!), to a whole lot of craziness in between...it has been a rollercoaster, back hurting, tearful day.

I don't go to worship most Sunday mornings because I am leading KidzPraise, and every once in a while that can lead to my tank feeling a little low (no sermon, no worship) So Sunday night worship is a big filler of my tank.  Tonight we had a time of prayer for a 40 day fast that we are starting (more on that tomorrow!) and it blessed me in so many ways. It gave me the strength that I need for this crazy, waterless, car-less night.  It gave me the joy to laugh and smile that even when life seems so upside down, I have a God that is more in control than I will EVER even know! It turned "that kind of day...." into "That Kind Of Day!" where you encounter the Lord and He uplifts you and carries you. Those are the kind of days that I want to have.

2 comments:

  1. unfortunatley for me...it remained...that kind of a day! LOL

    Nathan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your optomistic outlook!:) I do agree though, that God has a way of taking those crazy days and making them great! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete