This past week we had to say farewell to Jenny, my trusted Jetta.
It was her time, and some were glad to see her go, as she was becoming slightly unreliable. But even through the hard times, she always got me where I needed to be!
I will never forget the day that I got my car, my senior year in high school. I had been driving a salmon colored Escort, and dreaming of the day I would have a different car to drive. My dad surprised me with my graduation gift early-he gave me his car! I drove that car around until midnight that night, showing it off and making it "mine". We have gone to Arkansas, west Texas, south Texas together and I have so many great memories in that car.
(And yes, I know, this post is way to long---about a car! But...I cried for hours when my fish died, so that should tell you something about how sentimental I am!)
So, in memory of Jenny the Jetta, (and for a good laugh!) I thought I would close with a list of everything that was wrong with her when we gave her away:
*Back left door would only lock once in a blue moon. And when it did lock, you couldn't unlock it.
*Trunk would not close or lock, and flew up when you hit a bump
*Back spoiler light was duck taped on
*Inner console was broken off
*Passenger rear-view mirror was broken
*Needed brake pads, shocks and struts, and timing belt, alternator and harnesses
Now on to the fun of finding a new (old) car!

No comments:
Post a Comment