Did you know that I was a mom?
Don't freak out, we are NOT pregnant!
Meet a few of my kids:
These smiles MELT my heart! The kiddos above are just a few that have been coming with our bus ministry! They are such a blessing to me. And then you mix in all of my other kiddos, and you have a heart that could explode because it getting filled up with so much love! One of the beautiful joys of my job is that I get to be mom sometimes. I get to give hugs, and bandaids. It means spit up, torn shirts, and sore feet. There are awkward moments, hard moments, tears and lots of laughs. And recently, that role has taken on a new meaning! It means sitting with 40 of them in church, making sure they don't throw things over the balcony and being mom to five "tweens" on a Sunday night.
And you know what--I wouldn't change it for the world. Because I also get to share with them the greatest story they will EVER hear. I get to show love to those who have never seen it , and I get to teach them what it means to show respect and love.
I could fill up paragraphs with how much I love every single child that walks through my doors, and is a part of my ministry. In all reality, whether they come on a bus or ride with their parent, I feel in some ways like they are mine at times! I pray for them and their futures. When I sing worship songs and spend time in scripture and, I plead with the Lord that those songs and His Word would be truth in the hearts of every child, that they may know the meaning. My heart breaks for every child who is living in darkness.
I heard a song on the radio the other day. This line jumped out to me:
"But most of all I'll want to know you're walking in the truth"
And that is my prayer. That the children of FBC Malakoff, of our town, of our area are reached. That they know Christ, that they are walking in the truth.


I am so proud of you and the great work God is doing through you at FBC. I have so enjoyed getting to know you better and spending time with you. All of this will prepare you to be a wonderful mommy to your sweet little ones some day. What a blessing it is to show these kids what real love looks like.
ReplyDeleteBy the way...your blog looks so good...how about a tutorial night for all of us non technical people!:)
We are so blessed to have you as our children's minister! Thank you!
ReplyDelete