There was a blog post floating around about how a mom let her toddler pick out her clothes. I decided to let Ashlynn try this for a few days (my plan was 5 days).
Day 1: Black sundress, with a long sleeved gray shirt, white jacket and pink scarf. For shoes, she chose brown pumps.
Day 2: Workout tank, cream cardigan, gray maxi skirt and cream Toms.
Day 3: Blue maxi dress, striped t shirt and brown cardigan, with cream Toms.
By day 4, she declared that dressing mommy was just "too hard!". That was not too surprising for me, because she often does not like to pick out her own clothes either! I think I may have gained more out of the experience than she did. She picked out my outfits in 3 seconds flat, and had no stresses about them. And you know what, most people probably never even noticed. I spend so much time every day stressing over my clothes, or the girls clothes-and it is just not worth it! I have been making a big effort now to be more easy going with that.



No comments:
Post a Comment