Pages

12/24/2012

Baby B: Halfway Point!

I am slacking again! Here are weeks 20-21 (sans picture...again!)


Halfway done! Wow, it feels like this 2nd pregnancy has gone SO much faster than the first.  We had such a great checkup last week. Baby B is developing right on track and she is so healthy looking.  What a praise this is! We have picked out her first name, but are still working on a middle name.
She is a thumb sucker, and a squirmy gal! She had her arms and legs going all over the place.  Her profile almost looked identical to Ashlynn's sono pics!

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 20 weeks
Size of baby: 6 1/2 inches long and 11 oz., about the length of a banana
Weight gain: +2 (Dr. E has said that is a little on the low side and that I need to enjoy a few pieces of holiday pie!)
Maternity Clothes: Yes
Gender: Another sweet girl!
Movement: Yes! She is one active little girl.  During the sono, she was kicking her feet and waving her hands everywhere. I can feel move her more often, and Mark was able to feel her kick last night!
Sleep: Insomnia, trips to the bathroom, thirsty and needing to use a body pillow for comfort
Symptoms:  Hungrier, tired, round ligament pain, a few Braxton Hicks, thirsty, and moody (I feel bad for everyone around me...I am MUCH moodier this pregnancy!)
What I miss: Multiple cups of coffee
Cravings: Fruit, bread, vegetables
Best moment this week: A healthy checkup and finding out the gender, as well as watching my brother graduate from college!
What I am looking forward to: Enjoying a few fun Christmas festivities with Ashlynn this week!
Dad and Big Sister: Mark had a long week of work while Ashlynn and I headed off to watch my brother graduate from college.  She loved all of the attention from family!

-----------------------------------

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 21 weeks
Size of baby: 3/4 of a pound and 10.5 in long, about the length of a carrot
Weight gain: +3 (Dr. E has said that is a little on the low side and that I need to enjoy a few pieces of holiday pie!)
Maternity Clothes: Yes
Gender: Another sweet girl!
Movement: Yes! She is one active little girl. Ashlynn always consistently kicked in 1 place, but Baby B is a mover and a shaker! I can feel her kicking and hitting all over my belly! She can also be felt (sometimes) from the outside. 
Sleep: I have been much more uncomfortable when I sleep this past week.  Between my tailbone, round ligament pains and headaches it has been off and on.
Symptoms:  Hungry, moody, headaches, round ligament and tailbone pain
What I miss: Sleep
Cravings: Fruit, salad, chicken
Best moment this week: Beginning to celebrate the season of Christmas and Christ's birth with our sweet family
What I am looking forward to: Ashlynn's first Christmas and a much need vacation!
Dad and Big Sister: Mark has been adjusting to and getting excited about having another girl! Ashlynn got to go look at Christmas lights for the first time this weekend.  She loved them, and was so quietly curious in watching them!

No comments:

Post a Comment