We got 2 chances this summer to go and spend time with my Granny and Bampa. My summer memories from growing up are of going to their house, going out on the golf cart and boat, and eating Totinos pizzas while drinking Crystal Light and watching the Whammy show :)
Towards the beginning of summer, my mom and I drove to Belton to meet them at a family reunion.
There was a splash pad across the street and the girls loved it!
They call Ashlynn "Sweet Pea" and "little bit". Bailey is "smiley" and "Half-pint". The girls loving calling each other these nicknames now :)
In July, we all went with my mom, brother and Alicia to spend the weekend at their house.
As soon as we get to the lake, the always ask Granny for her toys!
We took the girls out for their first boat ride!
We accidentally left the motor running on the lift, so the boys worked to fix it the rest of the weekend.
Seeing my kids with my grandparents is a memory that I will always treasure. These 2 will never know how much I love them, or how they have shaped my life and shown me the Lord. They have let me live with them twice, once in 1st grade and then once when I got my first "real" job and moved to the lake. Those 3 years of living near them was beyond a blessing.
No comments:
Post a Comment