RIP "Gog"
January 07,2012- June 26, 2014
You were loved well, and brought many days of comfort and nights of sleep.
Ashlynn was a paci baby from the beginning. She started out with the "soothie" in the hospital. I swore then that she would only have a paci until she was 6 months old, and that I would never buy an overpriced paci for her. Famous last words!
Ashlynn was a paci baby from the beginning. She started out with the "soothie" in the hospital. I swore then that she would only have a paci until she was 6 months old, and that I would never buy an overpriced paci for her. Famous last words!

Fairly quickly, we transitioned to a very overpriced paci with a pink horse on the end. It seemed to help her keep the paci in, and we all liked the sleep that change brought.
The pink horse got lost in a store one day, and we very quickly headed to the store to grab a new one. This time, Ashlynn picked a ducky. That little ducky got us through quiet a few winter illnesses.

The duck detached from the paci, and met an early demise. Then, then came the frog. Let's note that Ashlynn is MUCH older than 6 months in this picture ;)

This little guy arrived right as Ashlynn started talking, therefore he (and all pacis from then forward) became known as "gog". If you know Ashlynn well, you know about her "gog".
The dentist informed us that the soothie was destroying Ashlynn's teeth, so it was switch to a MaM, or say adios to the paci. With a newborn in the house, we gladly welcomed the Mam.
That thing suffered nail polish decorations, teething, and being clipped to every.thing.we.wore.
Around the age of 2, we transitioned the "gog" to sleep only. It was a tough transition for about 30 seconds. Really, it only lasted a day or so and was completely bearable. Thank you Lord!
I snapped this picture before a trip to the dentist 2 weeks ago, thinking that they may say it was time for the "gog" to go. They ended up saying that it was up to us, but not past 3 for sure. Mark and I resolved to reassess after she hit 2.5.
Well...you know what happens when we make our own plans....
After a fun swim in the pool, Ashlynn was playing with blocks. She tripped over a rug, and fell face first onto a triangle block, and then onto the tile floor.
Her poor teeth were hit pretty hard. While I went into "mom freak out mode", Mark's dad corralled Bailey, and his brother tended to the mass amounts of blood in A's mouth. Her front 2 teeth on the bottom were loose, and the top 2 were crooked. A call to the dentist left us with things to look out for, and an appointment a week and a half later.
So, with loose teeth, and a very puffy mouth, we were to go without the "gog". We prepared ourselves for the worst, and once again, our girl surprised us! Night 1 she was so tired that she fell asleep in 2 seconds without it. The next night was a little rougher. I told her that we were sending our "gog" to MJ, her newest baby friend. She seemed on board with that, and told them bye bye. Daddy brought her home a new toy to thank her for being a sweet friend and big girl.
I am glad to say that we are now 9 days post "gog" removal, and are doing GREAT! She has only asked for it 1 or 2 times, and has been fine once I remind her that we shared them with a friend. Her little teeth are not loose any more, and we will get them checked out more this week.
As silly as it is, I am a little sad to see the "gog" go too....it has been a part of our everyday for almost 2.5 years!







No comments:
Post a Comment