I was originally going to title this post "First Mother's Day." And then it dawned on me that this was not my first Mother's Day. You see, last year was my first. For two reasons really. First, I was unknowingly pregnant with baby A last Mother's Day. But also because of our baby that was only with us for a few short months. Even though we never met "Guido" (as we had affectionately nicknamed him/her),our first baby will forever be apart of our family. My heart still aches at times for such a short life, but then I look at Baby A, and I know that God has a plan that is much bigger than anything we could have ever imagined. What a blessing that the Lord allowed us to be parents to that sweet baby in the way and for the amount of time that He saw best, that glorified His name and carried out His plan.
This Mother's Day was indeed our first with baby A though. And what a blessing it was!
We spent the weekend at the lake with my family.
And spent a little time being "silly" together.
My heart is overflowing with the blessing of a healthy, happy daughter and an incredible husband. I am beyond thankful for the privilege to be called "mom" and for the blessings of the mothers that Mark and I have in our lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment