Pages

8/08/2010

Back in the Saddle

This summer has had some incredible moments. I was blessed to lead a VBS and see over 15 children become new Christians. I went to camp and had a blast with 30 of my kiddos. I made new friendships, grew closer with old ones, went on a vacation and grew closer to my husband than I have ever been. 

But this summer has also been filled with what could be called some of the hardest times of my life.

I would not call it a "rollercoaster." It is more like a journey of faith. A daily mountain and valley climbing, sweating, hard work journey.

This journey is nowhere near over. Our little family of two is in the midst of these valleys as I type. But this weekend I have determined it is time to get back in the saddle. To put one foot in front of the other and keep living.

Yes, life is still going to be hard. Yes, I may still sit down and cry sometimes. But I get to start and end each day with a heavenly Father who makes promises to me that are beyond what I can fathom. And that is more than enough to keep persevering.

I have quite a few posts to share in the coming months about what the Lord has taught us in the past few months.  They will be long and won't be fluffy. But I can promise you one thing, they will be real.

1 comment:

  1. Everyone needs a little more Real in my opinion... that's the problem we're all trained to hide our problems and smile. Then, no one ever knows we ever had them and when they go through them they don't know who they know they could actually talk to about it.. its a vicious cycle. So bring on the real, and know I love you for the sweet great wonderful god fearing girl you are!

    ReplyDelete