Pages

3/21/2009

Basketball and Nesting


I have never really appreciated March Madness before. I mean to be truly honest, I am really more of a baseball gal. But this year is different. The hubby has brackets. And sports is dominating the TV. And I kind of like it. {But, let's not share that with him!}

Besides spending my weekend watching my new found interest of basketball, I have finally begun to nest in the apartment. Instead of feeling like a few rooms with boxes and a conglomerate of 2 people's things, it is finally feeling like home. Home sweet home. I have attempted to "decorate on a budget", which I think I am slowly mastering! Yesterday I went shopping with Mark's mom at HomeGoods. I got these (and a few other) great bargains this weekend in my attempt to "nest"~~~


6 dollars a piece for 2 cute candlesticks!

30 for bedroom curtains...now if only I could figure out how to hang them over the blinds!



4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you found some good deals! It was fun going to lunch with you this week...we should do that more often this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If allowed, try a curtain rod just above the blinds.

    Looks like some realy good deals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute candle sticks! What a bargain...hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete