I say that to preface this post, so that in 20 years I won't read back and wonder why I went crazy, when basically I just have 2.5 years of suppressed Teacher/Children's Minister that exploded this holiday :)
I wanted the focus of our week to be on God's love. I picked a verse for Mon-Fri and each day we had a craft and activity to go along with the verse. I did shorten the verses for Ashlynn.
Day 1:
Mondays verse was "Love one another…" 1 John 4:7
We started the day off talking about serving while I painted the girls toenails! I was inly planning to paint A's toes,but she insisted that B joined in the fun!
Next up, we used our new dot markers to color a heart. B tried to eat hers, so she got some puffs instead :)
Day 2:
Our verse was "For God so loved the world…" John 3:16
We talked about God's love, and baby Jesus' birth (since it was still fresh on her mind from Christmas) while we painted the globe.
We then jumped on paper hearts down the hallway!
Day 3:
Wednesdays verse was "Love the Lord…" Deut. 6:5. We painted and talked about ways to show God love.
We went to the children's museum that afternoon!
Day 4:
The verse we talked about on Thursday was "Love is…" from 1 Corinthians 13. We focused particularly on kind and patient.
We spent a lot of time playing together.
Which led to some reinforcement of being kind to each other and time out..
We wrapped up the day making valentines for friends and family, as well as having a few treats delivered!
Day 5:
On Friday, we had a Valentines breakfast of heart shaped toast and jam!
We then met up with friends for a Chickfila play date! They had ice cream, crafts, balloons and the cow!
![]() |
| "Coooooow!" |
A was not to sure about being close to the cow haha!
That night, daddy brought home roses for all if us girls! We are blessed to have him.
We got take out for dinner, and cuddled up with our girls. It was such a great night!
![]() |
| Helping me pick up dinner! |

























No comments:
Post a Comment