Pages

4/13/2012

Crazy "Mom" Moments

I have always heard different things about motherhood that frankly, I just didn't believe.  People would say something, and I would think in disbelief, "I will never say/think/do such and such!"

Well....this post is where I insert my foot in my mouth.

I have....
*Been peed on, and gotten poop in some weird places
*Switched to cloth diapers (hence the previous statement...)
*Gone longer without showering than I would like to admit
*Showered with the curtain open while singing Taylor Swift, dancing and making faces
*Picked/wiped countless boogers without a second thought
*Gotten formula/spit up/drool on my shirt, and not changed...because, really, who wants to add to the laundry pile?!
*Learned to drink cold coffee and eat cold food. 
*Listened to "baby music" that is so terrible that it shouldn't be considered music
*Learned to multitask in ways I never thought possible
*Cried when I left my daughter in the church nursery (I was a Children's Minister for crying out loud!)

But, I have also....
*Experienced the miracle of pregnancy/giving birth
*Enjoyed sweet first smiles, laughs and coos
*Fed and rocked a baby girl while she holds onto my hand with all of her might
*Cuddled and cuddled and cuddled
*Seen the look of recognition when Baby A sees her mommy and daddy
*Watched my husband become a daddy and bond with his daughter
*Learned the priceless joy of praying over your child

I am sure there will be so many more moments of "I never thought I would have..." or doing things that I always told my mom "I'll never do/say that to my kids"! But all in all, these crazy mom moments are totally worth it!


1 comment: