Pages

9/08/2010

Rainy Day Taco Soup

With all of the rain that we have been getting, and the fact that Mark has a fantasy football draft tonight....I figured I would do some easy comfort food for dinner!

This was my first time to cook this soup, but I have had it quite a few times! It comes from one of the most generous people I know! Anytime she knew life was getting crazy, she would bring us some taco soup! 

It makes alot-enough to share! So when you make it, invite some friends over or take some to a family who may need cheering up! 

Taco Soup 
1 pound hamburger meat
1 onion, chopped
1 pkg. dry Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing seasoning
1 pkg. taco seasoning
3 cans stewed tomatoes 
3 cans Ranch style beans
1 can hominy
1 can whole kernel corn
 
 
In large stew pot, brown meat and add onion.  Add all other ingredients and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat to a simmer.  Simmer for three hours.  If liquid needs to be added, use one bullion cube and a cup of water.
(This makes a large amount of soup, but we like to have some to share or freeze.)

No comments:

Post a Comment