Lately, I have been in a frugal, saving money kinda mood!
I am not good at coupons....so another way I have tried to save some money is by doing some things myself....or actually making somethings myself!
Not only has it been fun to tweak recipes to what works, but also to see how I can save money in different ways, AND do things at the same time that are great for our household and family!
Here are a few of the things I have started making/using:
Dishwasher Detergent
1 tbsp Baking Soda
1 tbsp Borax
1 tbsp White Vinegar (in the Jet Dry compartment)
This works amazingly...even in our dingy dishwasher!
Frugal Dryer Sheets
1 capful of liqud fabric softener
2 capfuls of water
Mix water and softner in a plastic container with lid. Put 1/2 a cheap sponge in the container. Each time you need a dryer sheet, wring out the sponge and toss it in the dryer!
Works GREAT! Found this here!
DIY Cleaner
Put 1 capful of liquid castille soap in a spray bottle. Fill rest of bottle up with water.
Coming Soon:
Laundry Detergent, Dish Soap, and possibly Shampoo! I'll let you know how those go!
sounds fun! I am so going to try those! I have always wanted to try Laundry detergent...let me know how it turns out. Hope you are having a great week!
ReplyDelete